Medic First Aid
The "Medic First Aid" teaches participants how to respond to life-threatening emergencies. The course focuses on primary care through a combination of knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice to make sure participants have the confidence in their ability to provide care when emergency situations arise.
Primary Care (CPR) skills taught in this course:
- Scene Safety Assessment Universal Precautions
- Communicable Disease Protection, including barrier use Primary Assessment Rescue Breathing
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Conscious and Unconscious Obstructed Airway
- Management Serious Bleeding
- Management Shock
- Management Spinal Injury Management.
Emergency First Response Secondary Care (first aid) covers injuries and / or illnesses that are not immediately life threatening. Participants focus on secondary assessment and first aid through knowledge development, skill development and realistic scenario practice.
Secondary Skills taught in this course:
- Injury Assessment
- Illness Assessment
- Splinting for Dislocations and Fractures
This course is a pre-requisite in the Rescue Course, and anyone older than 18 years old can do it.